EPCON develops a hydraulic model of an instrument air system including leak survey data and plant flow and pressure data to determine the root causes of insufficient pressure in the system. Then we can determine the lowest cost approach to restore full design pressure to all users in the system while minimizing costs of rental air compressors. The hydraulic models identify the most cost effective solution that is carried through the FEED, detailed design, procurement and construction management phases. EPCON's technology based approach combined with our high level of experience enables us to determine the lowest cost piping, dryer and compressor modifications to restore full design pressure to all users of instrument air. This results in significant improvements in the plant reliability.
If you have a plant, you want that plant to run as efficiently as possible. And the best way to do that is to call EPCON for an instrument air study that will find inefficiencies and keep your plant in prime condition. With our hydraulic instrument air system software, we collect data of all kinds and offer solutions for your plant. Get in touch today to learn more about our system.
Benefits of an Instrument Air Process Study
The purpose of instrument or compressed air study software is to determine pressure and flow in your system. Our flow meters and data loggers are accurate, which means you'll receive detailed data that can help you improve your processes. We can also simulate operational scenarios to give you a better understanding of your system's capacity and possible solutions to air loss.
With our instrument air simulation software, we can:
- Identify pressure loss: Our compressed air system software can find leaks both big and small. But it can also determine what kind of effect the leaks have on the system capacity. We can also spot highpressure drop segments and determine cost-effective solutions.
- Find water buildup: Water buildup can inhibit efficient water and airflow in your pipes. Our software can detect buildup and present ways to fix it.
- Assist with design: With our study software, we can help you design and operate your instrument air driers in a way that reduces costs. We'll also determine the best spot for new compressors stations.
When you choose our compressed air process software, you can learn all about your plant and the limitations and inefficiencies it experiences. And it doesn't stop there. Once we've identified problems, we'll help you find cost-effective solutions to keep your plant in full operation.
To learn more about our compressed air simulation software, contact us today.
Benefits of an Instrument Air and Compressed Air Study:
- Identify and correct high pressure drop segments in the piping to allow lowering of plant compressor discharge pressure and reduce energy costs
- Determine where water may be building-up in the piping distribution network that when alleviated will provide improved system capacity
- Allow for optimal design and operation of instrument air driers to minimize capital costs and operating costs
- Determine the optimal location of new compressor stations and their required capacity
Instrument Air and Compressed Air Study Capabilities:
- Accurately determine flow and pressure throughout the system based on on-site field surveys using multiple ultrasonic flow meters and pressure data loggers.
- Simulate future operational scenarios for a comprehensive understanding of system capacity
- Determine hydraulic limitations, inefficiencies, and bottlenecks
- Identify optimum tie-in locations for expansion projects
- Leak survey quantifies leaks and their effect on system capacity